For those of you with much better and interesting things to do than watch television, it's the newest show purportedly set Alaska. And it has perhaps the most famous hasbian* of all time, Anne Heche, as its female lead.
The audience at the CDC: myself and three other CabinDwelling folk, four dogs, and a mostly full case of shorts of Old 55 from the Silver Gulch Brewery.
Expectations were low, I must point out. But keeping in mind that it really Is Just TV, a couple of thoughts:
- Okay, so the show must be set down in Southeast. At least they have the sense to name drop towns from down there.
- Everything is too... clean. Perhaps that is just the way Southeast is, what with all the rain and all.
- Oh, we'll grant the show a break on the fish-out-of-water cliche, but that'll get old quicker than you can say Joel Fleischman.
- Radio show? Cribbed directly from The Show That Will Not Be Named. But, will grant a pass on that one because, ya know, radio has a greater importance here than anywhere else in this country.
- Okay, so I did like the AH character, Marin, ringing the bell at the bar. Now that felt authentic.
- Apparently, in Elmo, cops can just go ahead and set bail, and change it. Bizarre.
*Oh, just look it up.
**Not to be confused with Uncle Ted's system of tubes by which I post this and send email.