Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Night Musings: Early On

Can I just say how much I enjoy the fact that my voting location is at the local bar?

So, what's up with CNN's "free" election pipeline thing? I've clicked on it and no matter what, you have to pay. (Okay, there is a $.99 day pass, but generally, day passes to paid material are FREE. And when someone advertises something as 'free' that's what I expect.)

So, looks like I'm going to be glued to the television tonight watching the returns. I've been saying all day to my coworkers (poor captive audience that they are) that I think the media has overstated the Dems chances of gaining seats. It's not surprising, the networks need some kind of angle to hang their stories on - but I'll never put my faith in an exit poll again.

Of course, we can still celebrate that Frank the Bank is gone. Yee-haw!

Sadly, as I was talking to a friend last night about Diane Benson, he said he'd never heard of her till last night. Is that a reflection on him or on the amount of airtime she was able to buy? I hope she gives Young a run for his money, at least.

No comments: