Monday, November 06, 2006

Soob Rocking Playlist: the Halloween Edition

As an compulsive, and perhaps obsessive, mix-CD maker, I offer the most recent compilation rocking my clunky old Soob.* I confess that I added Beck reluctantly, because I kind of lost respect for the man when I found out that he is a Scientologist. Why should it matter what cult religion a person belongs to, really, for the purposes of mix making?**

Halloween Mix:
  1. Remember - by The Figurines
  2. Enough to Get Away - by Joseph Arthur
  3. The Staunton Lick - by Lemon Jelly
  4. Rules of the Game - by Brazilian Girls
  5. Ungodly Fruit - by Wax Tailor
  6. Whoo... Alright, Yeah... Uh-Huh - by The Rapture
  7. Parade of Punk Rock T-Shirts - by Maritime
  8. Dream at Tempo - by Silversun Pickups
  9. Money Folder - by Madvillain
  10. Jaadu (Nickodemus and Osiris Remix) - by Ustad Sultan Khan
  11. Front 2 Back - by Playgroup
  12. Driving Through the Redlights - by Monster Movie
  13. Insistor - by Tapes 'n Tapes
  14. Figaro - by Madvillain
  15. String of Blinking Light - by Paper Moon
  16. Moonbathing - by Sky Cries Mary
  17. Benton Harbor Blues - by The Fiery Furnaces
  18. Halo of Gold - by Beck
  19. Dunes Dub - by Strategy
*You know the one that y'all in the big honking pickup trucks tailgate as I putter up Ballaine Hill? Yeah, that one. I apologize for making you slow down on icy roads and all, but I didn't have snow tires on for the last few weeks. Of course, slowing down is such an inconvenience - pickup trucks never go off the road or anything as they are not subject to the laws of physics.
**I don't know the answer to that one. I haven't added U2 to any mix in years, for that matter, on the grounds that Bono has gotten entirely annoying.
-- Powerpuff Girls image at http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Powerpuff-Girls-Magnet-C11754857.jpeg

No comments: