Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I've Never Even Wanted to Watch an Inauguration Before

Wow. I'd love the take the day off work and watch the festivities, but that isn't possible. Perhaps I can be all sneaky and stream it over the Series of Tubes at work.

And as a cynic who doesn't like to get all gooey over candidates or politics, still, I must add a 'whoo' and a 'hoo.' Whoo hoo!

The Backwards Bush calculator came down this morning. It's been a very long time. As my papa would have said, "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out the door."

4 comments:

flying fish said...

Same here...never cared about an inauguration before this. I almost got up at 4 when the festivities back east started.

Ishmael said...

It's a beautiful day.

CabinDweller said...

Isn't it though? Gorgeous here, a fresh drop of snow and it's beautiful. (If a bit slick.) Perfect morning for this day.

TwoYaks said...

And the sunrise was gorgeous to boot. It was hard to be cynical today (though, god knows there's always tomorrow).