Tuesday, April 03, 2007

April 3: Cautiously Optimistic

Have I mentioned how much I love the fact that my polling station is a bar?

I went and cast my 'no' vote this morning, and as I stood and chatted with the poll worker, little diamonds of light spun around us from the disco ball above.


Have I mentioned that I love the fact that my polling station HAS a disco ball?

So, after all the attention this issue has received in the opinion pages and media, the S.O. had a chat with a relative yesterday who didn't even know the vote was going on today. Or what the vote was about. Which is disturbing; big time scolding may occur.

Based on personal observation and a completely unofficial sampling of letters to the editor, I think the proposed amendment may fail in this advisory vote. It'll be close, I'm sure, what with the more extremist fundamentalist churches turning out their members - and while we're at it - how does a 501(c)3, that is non-profit, tax exempt organization get to lobby on this stuff?

1 comment:

Juneau NOW said...

Hey, cool!
I made that sign.