Seriously, is there any better excuse for not leaving on a much-not-looked-forward-to work trip than a volcanic eruption?
Or, as in my case yesterday, a flight cancellation because the flight crew scheduled to work the morning flight never made it to Fairbanks?
With apologies to those actually suffering through Mt. Redoubt's effects, ash, vacation plans mucked up, etc., I have been actually rooting for Redoubt to keep on rolling. Every ash cloud in the last week has been the harbinger of a possible delay - a much wished for one. It was with great relief that I got up at 4 a.m. yesterday to check the flight status for the 6 a.m. flight out of Fairbanks and saw the words 'canceled.'
Sadly, though, Redoubt isn't going to get me off the hook today.
I wonder if Ish has dug out of the snowdrifts yet?