Who turned on the heat?
Temperatures in this neck of the woods, a.k.a. Squarebanks, have been topping 40 degrees during the day. Some of you folks unfortunate-enough-to-live-elsewhere might wonder why I am complaining. There are several reasons why this sucks:
- I had to plug in my outside freezer.
- All the little frozen dog bombs I missed in the yard during the serious winter months are now exposed.
- The outhouse is no longer odor-free.
- My beer no longer stays perfectly cold when I put it by the door. (Inside the cabin.)
- It cools back down below freezing at night - so all that melt turns into a crust of ice. And it's embarassing to fall down in your front yard, not to mention dangerous on the roads.
- March is traditionally the best month of winter. Meaning we have lots of daylight without severe temperatures. Meaning we have excellent snow conditions for skiing, skijoring and mushing. This melt-thaw-melt thing going on out there is seriously screwing with the best month of winter.