Friday, March 28, 2008

Who Won?

It's 11:20 p.m. and I'm sitting here at the Chili's at the Anchorage Airport. Yeah, gross and greasy, but it's my first BEER in ages.

Well, days.

So, I landed in Nome on my way back to Squarebanks, and as we left town, the Alaska Airlines pilot announced some mushers below and was kind enough to roll the plane first south, and then north, so everyone could take a look below.

I had an aisle seat.

But it was a pretty cool sight - a bunch of passengers hopped out of their seats to peer down at whatever action might be happening below. But was the pilot correct or was it just some folks out on the trail on snowmachines? I don't know and the darned AAS website says those guys aren't finishing yet.

Even though I'm pretty sure King has it, the suspense is killing me.

No comments: