Thursday, March 01, 2007

Playlist for POW

Zut alors, my peoples, it's been a busy week or so, so much that I'm scarcely keeping up with state politics. But that must wait for someone with an attention span - which is not me at the moment.

Instead, I offer the most recent playlist gracing my ITunes collection, custom-made for the pissed off woman in your life:
  1. Long Shot, Aimee Mann
  2. That's Just What You Are, Aimee Mann
  3. Goodbye, Baby (Baby, Goodbye), Van Morrison
  4. Heard it All Before, Sunshine Anderson
  5. You'll Never Change, Bettye Lavette
  6. Superhero, Ani Difranco
  7. So Much for the Afterflow, Everclear
  8. Santa Monica, Everclear
  9. My Favorite Mistake, Sheryl Crow
  10. Call and Answer, Barenaked Ladies
  11. I Need You, the Eurythmics
  12. I Will Survive, Cake
  13. Haze of Love, Cake
  14. Me-Jane, PJ Harvey
  15. F--- and Run, Liz Phair
  16. In State, Kathleen Edwards
  17. Tyrone, Erykah Badu
  18. Think (About It), Lyn Collins
  19. You Were the Dog, Irma Thomas
  20. Chain of Fools, Aretha Franklin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked to discover that, despite me having not lived in a Goldstream cabin for nearly 8 years, those remaining continue to listen to the same music us former dwellers listened to back in the 1990s. I think it must be something in the blue Coleman 5-gal water jugs that make people listen to Aimee Mann and early Eurythmics with a does of Cake hilarity as desert.

CabinDweller said...

Well, it's not like I only listen to music from the 90s. (Defensive much, right?)

But for whatever reason, that era seemed to generate a lot of really good pissed off music - which made the cut of tunes for a breakup CD - in that they were angry or defiant, not sad and pathetic or overly shmoopy.

(Which is why none of my favorite Hank Williams, Sr. or Bright Eyes tunes made the final cut.)

But that said, there certainly are a number of us out there who listen to bluegrass... which I expect was the case back in the 90s, too.

Ishmael said...

I'm not sure it's a good sign that I can think of a half-dozen or more pissed off women (not at me) in my life that I'm forwarding that playlist to....

CabinDweller said...

Hey, so long as they're not pissed off at you, I'd say it's not too bad a sign.

And I'd guess that Kodiak is much like that other place I used to live, where there are probably plenty of pissed off women around - so much so that it might be difficult to find one who isn't.

Ishmael said...

Kodiak's an interesting town. It's the only place I've lived in the state where Alaska's mythical gender ratio actually exists. In spades. Women are very much in demand in Kodiak. Pissed off or not.